Thursday, December 6, 2012

TeamTX

BA Profile Pic
The formal name of our very informal team for the Beast. When did I join a team? Apparently, months ago. A group page was started for the race, and a funny thing happened: A little virtual community sprouted. We talked hotels, start times, training, anything Spartan Beast related. All week this group page has been buzzing. Everytime I check my Facebook, I have at least 3 updates, mostly all from the TX page. We're getting excited, nervous, scared, pumped, and occasionally confused on rules. We're looking to each other for support whether its courage come race day or even a hand on the course. Naturally, we wanted to meet in person. And more importantly we wanted to Spar-tay post race with Spar-garitas, Spar-tinis, and too far? Profile pictures are not always the best way to identify someone. Case in point myself. Believe or not, I don't always look like a Bad Ass hurdling fire. So, we had to come up with another way to identify ourselves. After tossing out a few ideas, we decided to write TeamTX as under eye markings. Thus, our unofficial team which unknowingly existed for months finally had a name. Go TeamTx!

Yep, I stole it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment