Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beast Mode Laundry

I hate laundry. I would be willing to move to a nudist colony if it meant no more laundry. I hate sorting. I hate waiting around for it to switch it over. I really hate separating and folding it. I only do it every other week and it usually ends up taking a week to do it since I hate it so much. But we as a society have decided to wear clothing to hide all of our parts and keep us warm in the winter. Thus, I must continue to do laundry to forgo weird stares and time in the slammer for indecent exposure.

Last night I came up with a game to make laundry a little less miserable. I named the game Beast Mode Laundry. Spartan has recently decided to change the Burpee penalty to include the push up. Since I haven't been training with the push up, Burpees and I must become really close Frenemies over the next few weeks. Beast Mode Laundry is my Two Birds, One Stone solution. Every load of laundry that went into the washer earned me 30 burpee/pull ups (my pull up bar is in the laundry room doorway, so I thought it only appropriate to add the pull up). One would think that this plan might back fire and I would just do less laundry. On the contrary, I got all of it washed and dried (not folded, but hey, this is an improvement). In a crazy way, it made laundry much more fun. Jon even joined in and we took turns at the pull up bar and counting for each other. Yep, pretty crazy. I realize this. But it was multi-tasking at its finest. Working out, getting chores done, and all without stepping into a gym.

In other news I joined a co-ed basketball team. I am super excited about this. Rhonda, a former AAU and High School teammate, contacted me Monday night via Facebook to see if I'd be interested in playing. Heck yes! I've been wanting to play, but its really hard to find women basketball players. Jon inflated our basketball last night, so we practiced our dribbling and passing in the basement between burpee/pull up sets until I almost broke some stuff. Looking forward to getting out there and practicing so my first shot in a game isn't a glorious airball.

No comments:

Post a Comment