Friday, February 8, 2013

The Hurt Bank

Inside my head there resides a little place I call the Hurt Bank. Its not a place to get a loan or refinance a house, but deals strictly in deposits and withdrawals. Deposits are made in the form of pain. Pain when running up stadium stairs and feeling like I need to vomit at the top. Pain when my shoulders are burning doing bilateral raises with free weights and walking lunges. Pain when I catch myself walking up the big hill on my trail loop and forcing myself to pick up the pace. Despite the pain, the burning, and the aches, I fight through it. Why? All of those little deposits add up, and I'll be drawing on them come race day. Each deposit gets me a little farther, a little faster, and a little stronger for each race. I remind myself of this when I need a little boost. I put myself at the finish line of an upcoming race fueling on the amazing feeling of accomplishment, and I push through. I make deposits in my Hurt Bank. First race of the season is March 2nd. In the meantime, I'll be saving up.

Thursday 2/7/2013 TOD:
Go Native Fit

Friday 2/8/2013 TOD:
Entire body was sore with the exception of my core, so core circuit it was. Followed by an Epson Salt Bath. That stuff is magical.


No comments:

Post a Comment