Friday, January 25, 2013

A Woman and her Weight

This morning was the first time I can honestly say my teeth were cold. The temperature was 22 degrees plus it was windy with flurries. My nasal passage was frozen. My counting pennies were sticking to my bumper. But I couldn't resist getting out on my hill with my new weight vest. (Yeah, not a post about a woman obsessing over the scale. That's just silly).

Finally, I found a 30lb vest for women. Its small and doesn't squish the little bit of boobs that I have. It fits my torso and I have mobility in my shoulders. Best of all, its snug. My men's vest is way too big and is only good for running up hills. Not good for squats, burpees, push ups, and all that other good stuff. I fully anticipate a long, lasting relationship with my new vest. We'll clean the house together. Maybe even do some shopping? I can only imagine the stares I would get cruising through Costco outfitted in my weight vest. I'd probably get tackled by security as a matter of national security. Actually, now that I think about it, pushing a loaded cart with my weight vest on dodging security sounds like great Spartan training. Hmmm.....

So its a V-Max Women's 30lb vest. The individual weights are 2.5 lbs and can be removed. If your goal is to eventually tote around an extra 30 lbs without eating McDonalds everyday, you should get the 30lber. You can remove the weights to adjust to a lighter vest, and add them back as you build strength. I bought my vest from APT-Pro Lifting Gear. I found a discount code for 15% off which basically covered the cost of shipping. I also added the heavy duty hanger to store it. Of course, once it delivered I realized I'm going to have to find a place to actually hang a 30lb vest. Jon says I should be able to hang it in my closet near the wall support, but I'm scared to death of my closet falling apart. In the mean time, its being stored on the backseat of my car ready for action at any moment.

For reference: I am 5'8" and about 138 lbs.


The Men's vest


TOD:
8 hill sprints with snazzy, new vest
1/2 trail loop with Roclite 275 GTX including product testing (right foot remained dry despite going through the ice in the creek bed)

Total Distance: 2.6 miles
Total Time: 45 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment