Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stoned at High Noon

Today was our first Spartan Training Sunday Funday. The idea came from a fellow Spartan who posted a WOD event. I took his layout and added an uphill sprint to make things a bit more interesting. The best part of this work out is that you can do it without expensive equipment. Find a rock or a cinder block or a log or make a brick out of sand, garbage bags, and duct tape. The only time I really use my scale is to weigh my equipment. Simply step on scale and then step on scale with your friend.

 
The TOD is as follows:
Clean, Press, Slam x 15
Uphill sprint, jog/walk down
20 Burpees
Uphill sprint, jog/walk down
15 Chest Throws
 
Repeat 3-5 times
 
That's it. Pretty easy. Sike. Not pretty easy at all. Actually, pretty grueling especially with the work we did at Go Native yesterday morning. However, it was lots of fun. And it turns out, I'm not the only person who can't count. All three of us couldn't keep track of our reps. I'm sure it had nothing to do with all of the chatting.
 
 
 
Saturday TOD:
Go Native Fit
3.5 mile evening road run
 
Sunday TOD:
1 hour of cleaning with weight vest
Stoned at High Noon
1.5 hours of more cleaning with weight vest on
3.5 mile cold, rainy evening road run
 
Definitely earned tomorrow's rest day.
 
If you would like to join us for a Sunday Funday, hit me up on Facebook. I can add you to the Team Shut It Down group page where I will orchestrate all of the events. Next week we're going to Nippert Stadium in lieu of Super Bowl Sunday.
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment