Friday, January 11, 2013

Rules from an Evening Jogger

I went on a run this evening after work. With the unusually warm January weather and my goal to get faster, I just knocked out my 5k road loop. Based on my thoughts and experiences of this evening, here are some rules I am implementing (and fully expect no one to follow. I mean who really listens to this crazy lady)

1. Do not reject a fellow jogger's high five. You look like the idiot, not me.

2. Try as you might, but dropping down and doing crunches and side crunches will not always alleviate those pesky side cramps.

3. Traveling Mormon boys. You look very nice in your suits, but seriously, single file when a jogger is passing you. You're not going to convert me by blocking the entire sidewalk. I will go around, and shout to the heavens the fundamentals of common courtesy.

4. Hitting a pedestrian will never result in a slap on the wrist and community service. You will go to jail for vehicular assault or homicide. So don't turn left so you can beat the yellow light, cutting off a pedestrian when she has the crosswalk. If I die, you won't see your kids graduate from high school. And White Lexus, you deserved the bird I flipped you.

And this is why I love the trails. Looking forward to the warmer weather when the days grow longer.

Mileage: 3.16 miles
Time: 29:51:70

1 comment: