Saturday, October 13, 2012

Quick Recap

I have slacking on my posts, so I'm going to recap super fast starting with last Saturday.

Saturday:

Spartan Obstacle?
Since Mt. Airy is mostly closed for deer hunting I've been researching new parks. I bought "60 Hikes within 60 Miles of Cincinnati" not too long ago. The author outlined a 8.1 mile hike at the Mounds State Park in Brookville, IN with decent elevation changes. So I drove the hour out there. I got lost a couple of times and had to dig the book out of my CamelBak. Her suggestion is a lollipop and I did the loop on it twice to gain more mileage. The trails are very well marked and well kept. The downsides are the travel and the $7 admission per car load. I highly recommend venturing out there and picking up the book.
The Indian Mound

Total Distance: 12.6 miles
Total Time: 2:34:17

Turtle Crossing

Perfect Spot to enjoy a Gu

Sunday: Rest day (but let's face it, I had too much wine the night before)

Monday: 1 arm circuit

Tuesday:

16 hill sprints with 30 lb vest
1 loop around usual trail with 3 pit stops for 30 burpees each time

Total Distance: 5.24 miles
Total Time: 1:22:47

Wednesday: 2 circuits of arms

Swing by Play it Again Sports after work to upgrade Dumb Bells to 20 lbs. Get mad at lady for offering to carry them not once, but two times. Come on lady.  I'm buying them, I better be able to carry them. Ironically, she looks a lot like the lady at Bob Ronkers I don't like.

Thursday:

10 Sprints up, jog back at Soccer field

Partial Barn Workout
30 Burpees
30 Burpees/Pull ups (Not great at them but they are really fun)
30 Pull ups
30 Box jumps (on stairs)
30 Med Ball Squat Throws
100 Jumping Jacks
300 Crunches
30 Body Weight Squats
30 Side Kicks (each leg)
30 Walking lunges

Friday:
Skinny to Spartacus Men's Health work out 3 rounds, 45s on, 15s off

That's it in a nut shell. Its my final big week before the TM and then the Super the following weekend. At this point I can just hope that I have trained hard enough, long enough, strong enough for the next 2 weekends. October is going to hurt.

Now, I literally have to go run.





No comments:

Post a Comment