Friday, October 26, 2012

Tough Mudder Recap - James's Updated Version

Below is James's updated and more detailed version:

After the ICE



Hi, my name is James and I'm an electrician, which is why I was so excited about the Tough Mudder Challenge. I was having a pretty good time right about 0.4 miles in where I was introduced to ICE. Who in the hell wants to actually pay to jump in freezing water when it is already 15 degrees away from freezing outside. At mile 7 is where a lot of cramping took over my legs and I did not want to keep on going. My body is telling me F*ck Tough Mudder and quit, and on the other hand 3 things were telling me to keep going. 1: It was 7 miles to turn around. 2: Electroshock Therapy was at the finish line, and didn't want to be that guy that just ran into it for the hell of it. 3: I paid way to much money to participate and train for it. I've done more squats and lunges in the past 5 months then I've done my entire life. I've come to acknowledge that every hill I climbed had made me wished that I drank more water and brought a potassium IV with me for cramping because bananas weren't cutting it. Nevertheless I am very proud that I finished the course and I helped my fellow mudder, and put teamwork before my course time, and last but not least I did not whine, (on the course) kids whine. Also I do appreciate Tough Mudder for a hard, challenging course. I will now keep all OCR courses under a strict 9 mile length only because I already paid for the Indiana Spartan which may change my mind when that time comes too. Big thanks to Nicki and NickiFit for the inspiration to cause me to become a Mudder, just don't know if I want to hug you or kill you.
 
The electrician at work

Big thanks to James for being such a great friend throughout the years. Its been so much fun this summer doing all (MS Muckruckus, Mudathlon, MudStash) of the OCR's with you. We're going to have a blast next spring at the Spartan Sprint and again at the Super :) (Yes, more than 9 miles). I am so proud of you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment