Thursday, August 23, 2012

Eats: Black Bean Mash Tacos

Ok, so not really sure what to call these little bad boys. The original recipe called them Black Bean Croquettes, but I throw them on a corn tortilla and smash 'em. Thus, Black Bean Mash Tacos. These are super easy to make with lots of short cuts. The best part is it makes enough for three days worth of lunch at work, which free's up time in the morning for working out. Plus, between the beans and Guac, they are packed with protein.

Ingredients:

1 Can black beans (drained and rinsed)
Cumin (Sorry, I never measure. I just sprinkle until it smells good)
Prepared Pico de Gallo or really chunky salsa
Corn (I use frozen, just thaw in microwave)
Breadcrumbs
Corn Tortillas

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Mash Black beans with cumin in a bowl.
  3. Add corn, prepared Pico de Gallo (try not to add the juice, you don't want this to be liquidy), breadcrumbs.
  4. Roll into 1 inch "Meat" balls. I always get 9 out of it. Never fails. I eat 3 per day.
  5. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 20 minutes.
  6. To serve: I buy the Wholly Guacmole 100 calorie packs. I use 1/2 packet per day. To reserve the other half, I push the air out, staple it shut, and store in the fridge. So I spread it on the corn tortilla and top with 1.5 ball. I smash the balls over the whole corn tortilla. Then roll and eat. I keep mine super simple, but toppings can be altered and ingredients changed per your tasted buds.
Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment