Friday, August 3, 2012

WOD 8/3/12

The alarm went off at 6am. I got out of bed and hit the snooze. 9 minutes later the alarm went off again. This time I turned it off. My legs were killing and I was exhausted. I convinced myself that my body was telling me to sleep this one off and take a rest day. Well, I'm a big fat liar. Luckily, Jon woke up at 7:30 which also woke me up. I climbed out of bed, put on the coffee, and dressed in my work out clothes. Grabbed a towel, headphones, jump rope, weight vest, bandana, and I was out the door headed to the park.

I warmed up with a song and a half of jump roping. Then I donned my weight vest for 10 sprints up the front hill. After my first sprint, a lady walking her dogs decided to play 21 questions with me. I'm a nice person so I humored her for a few minutes but I really wanted to tell her to STHU, "Can't you see I'm in the midst of an intense workout? This vest isn't filled with fairy dust, lady."  After I answered all of her questions about my vest and then my shoes, I was finally able to get back to work. Nine more times up the hill. On my 2nd or 3rd time down the hill I collected some rocks. You see, I am a terrible counter. I may have mentioned this before. My mind gets sidetracked and then I have no idea what rep I'm on. So I used the rocks to keep track of my laps. I lined them up on the back of the car, and moved them one by one each time I got to the bottom of the hill. I then did a whopping 16 push ups. I know, that's terrible. I have got to work on those more. Then I walked some to cool down. While watching the Olympics last night, I learned something from Ryan Lochte. After one of his races he headed to the dive pool to do some leisurely laps. The announcers explained he was warming down to rid his body of any excess Lactic acid that may have been left after his first race. Well, if Ryan Lochte is doing it, then I better do it. May help in the future with my sore muscles. Should've warmed down after my 300 burpees. So I walked some and then finished with a nice, long stretch in the shade under a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment