Friday, August 10, 2012

Gettin' a fix

In less than 24 hours, this OCR addict finally gets a fix. At 10am tomorrow, the gun will go off for the start of the Mudathlon. I am so pumped!

Its a 3 mile course with 40 obstacles. I feel really comfortable running 3 miles with obstacles. I finished the 4.5 mile Muckruckus with no problem and no pain. For this race, I'm running competitively. I want to run a sub 40. I want a top 15 finish. I've been training like crazy, plus I have 2 notches in my belt. Hell, I got new kicks so I can float like a muddy butterfly across the course. I say this knowing I will most likely fail. I don't even know if its physically possible for me to run that fast. But I'm going into the race with that mentality. Last year the fastest female ran about 36 minutes, and the 15th ran about 42 minutes. I can do this. Maybe. We'll see. What I definitely will not do is cross the finish line knowing I have more to give. No way, Jose. Neidermann Farms will get every ounce that I got.



No comments:

Post a Comment