Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Spartan 300

Today's Spartan WOD was simple. It was Buck Furpee Day-2nd edition. Quite simply: Do 300 burpees. Doesn't matter how you do them or how long it takes you. Just get it done. And yes, they pick 300 because of the 300 soldiers that defended Sparta. I did mine in 10 rounds of 30. The penalty for not completing an obstacle in a race is 30 burpees, so I figured it would be good practice. It took me about an hour. I pushed aside the coffee table, turned on the Olympics and got to work. Its not easy. Its not supposed to be. My wrists were hurting. My quads were tight. But I fought through it and conquered the Second Edition of Buck Furpee Day. I linked to the Spartan Blog that details the challenge and technique. A Spartan burpee is only 4 count so no push-up or jump. Only squat to plank and back up. No equipment required, so no excuses. Go get your 300!

No comments:

Post a Comment