Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rockin' It

This morning's work out was to be a 6.8 mile trail run. Plus, I was finally going to be able to use my new Camelbak. Not to mention another run in my new kicks which I love. I hit the trails, and immediately started adjusting my Camelbak. It bounced and swished and just got on my nerves. My hair goes in a french braid because I can't stand when a pony tail bounces from side to side. So you can imagine how much the pack was definitely throwing me off. I went about half way through my first loop when I ditched it at my car. I told myself I'll get used, but to no avail. I still plan to wear it in my Super and Beast plus on my longer trail runs. It really wasn't necessary since I pass the water fountain 4 times.

After my first loop, I decided to move to some strength training. The top of my right foot was still a little sore, and I didn't want to push it especially with the Mudathlon on Saturday. I got to work doing a whopping 20 push-ups with 12 in a row. Woo Hoo! Then lunges to the creek bed and back. Followed by a plank to collapse. Then 25 straight leg lifts, 25 tuck leg lifts, and 50 crunches. And then I had a stroke of genious. Here I was doing these exercises next to a creek bed. A creek bed filled with heavy rocks. So, I went and fished me out a nice rock. I didn't really count but I performed the following with my new equipment:

Squat Presses
20 push ups
Chest Throws (Sprint to pick it back up)
Slams
Throw over my head backwards
Run up a hill 5 times
Afterwards, I released my new buddy back into the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment