Tuesday, September 18, 2012

But Baby Its Cold Outside

Now that summer is over and I can pack away my bikinis for the summer, my abs have finally started to take form. Awesome. There's a reason nobody ever trains for sweater season. 'Tis the season for over indulgence and Christmas Cookies, because we can hide it all under a giant wool sweater. If we get a warm day in December, I might just have strut around in my bikini top.

The Happiest Person in the World!
Saturday night, Jon and I were attending Diner en Blanc. I was hardly prepared, so I spent Saturday shopping for White Linens, wine glasses, and food. Then I spent time preparing all of said food. When all was said and done, I had about 1.5 hours before I had to start getting ready. I went to the park to get some trail running in. No, it wasn't a few hours lost in the wood, but it was important trail time. I got started, and sure enough pain in my left foot. Not too long ago I was having pain in my right foot. Its seems it simply jumped over to my left. Woo hoo. Absolutely aggravated and not wanting to chance a serious injury, I headed home. I was only struggling with running. Walking felt fine. Basically, putting pounding pressure on it hurt. Once home, I went to the backyard.
Yelling at Jon 'cause I thought my booty was hanging out.

     Jon: "Stand up straight."
     Me: "I can't. I'm sulking."

After telling him my aggravations, I got back to work. I still had time and I needed to get a good work out/sweat in. So I started flipping my tire. Jon went in and grabbed the camera, so I finally have pictures of me being a BA Tire Flipper!!!  I did push ups off my tire and jumped in and out of it. I also did some walking lunges with a log Jon had saved for me when he cut down a tree in the back. Plus some ab work.

 
 
 
Sunday was spent at the Bengals game. Who Dey!!! So it became a rest day, aside from 16oz. bicep curls.

Monday, I did my arm work. Set my Gym Boss to 11 intervals (got it right this time), 1 minute active, 20 seconds rest.

  • Medicine Ball Chest Throws (10 lbs.)
  • Pull Ups
  • Mountain Climber Push ups
  • Dead Lifts (15 lbs. each)
  • Squat Press (15 lbs each)
  • Curls (15 lbs)
  • Plank walk up with drag (25 lbs)
  • Kettle Bell Snatch (20 lbs)
  • Other arm Kettle Bell Snatch
  • Tri Row (25 lbs)
  • Other arm
Tuesday, I scaled down and modified the Spartan 1500. Basically, I bumped everything down to 30 and did the jumping jacks and side kicks first so I could get a good warm up in.
  1. 30 Jumping Jacks
  2. 30 Side Kicks
  3. 30 Burpees
  4. 30 Pull ups (10, 6, 5, 5, 4) - All assisted
  5. 30 Box Jumps (or stair jumps)
  6. 30 Medicine ball squat throw against wall
  7. 30 Brazilian Ab twists
  8. 30 Jumping Lunges
  9. 30 Curls (30 each side)
  10. 30 Tri Rows (15x2 each side)
  11. 30 Frog Jumps
  12. 30 Squat Jumps
  13. 100 Crunches
  14.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment