Monday, September 24, 2012

Eats: Classic Israeli Salad over Quinoa with Feta

Hands down, this is my favorite lunch. Its super easy to make and it will last me 3 days. Just a lot of chopping. Its all whole foods consisting of lots of veggies and the super food, quinoa. Quinoa is packed full of protein, iron, and fiber, which makes for a great meatless lunch. There is also a ton of parsley in the salad which is great for joint health. To store the parsley for longevity, store it upright in a glass container with a bit of water and covered with the produce bag. I use my dressing pitcher. The feta puts it over the top. I mean, let's face it, Feta makes everything Betta!

Basically, I take the lunch with me in parts. I prepare 1 dry cup of quinoa according to package directions and store it in one container. The salad goes into another. I dice a Roma tomato every morning and bring it in a little container to toss in the salad. I never put tomatoes in the fridge because it makes them meally and not so tasty. So I just keep my little container in my lunch bag until ready to eat. Finally, I bring a container of feta to top the salad.

Classic Israeli Salad
Adapted from Vegetarian Times
  • 1/2 Cucumber Diced
  • 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
  • 2/3 Cup Chopped Parsley
  • 2 tsp. EVOO
  • 3 Tbsp. Green Onion Chopped (sub Yellow onion rinsed)
  • 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
  • 1 Roma Tomato (each day)

No comments:

Post a Comment