Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Fighter

Let's face it. I have been in the worst shape mentally lately. It has been a struggle. I'm still working out, but it hasn't been fun like it has in the past. I feel like I'm just going through the motions and not really pushing myself. Today I think I finally had a break through.

I woke up at 6am and hit the snooze. Woke up at 6:09, turned off the alarm and zombie walked to the couch. Fell asleep. Lack of mental motivation at its finest. Finally, woke up again at 7:15 when Jon was up and moving. Already lost over an hour of training time. Luckily, I had packed my lunch last night and prepped the coffee maker, so I just had to get dressed and out the door.

Ran a mile to the park. Then I basically did a repeat of last Thursday's work out with some minor tweeks.

20 inverted pull ups on playground
30 Burpees
30 Tri Dips across picnic table benches
20 Push ups
1 Minute Plank
50 Walking Lunges

On the Soccer Field:
10 Bear Crawls then 5 push ups (1/2 field) *My new fav-perfect training for barbed wire*
Crab Walk (1/2 field)
Frog Leaps (1/2 field)
Long Jumps (1/2 field)
High Kicks (Full Field)
Butt Kicks (Full Field)
 
Then I continued on to finish out my 3 mile loop. After doing my work at the park, I was feeling a little Bleh. And then "The Fighter" by Gym Class Heroes came on as I was climbing a long stretch of road. Something clicked. My smile was back. That surge that sparks my body when I'm amped was flowing. I don't know what it was. But that song just hit it on the nail. I'm back in Beast Mode! Ready for the Super and the Beast. Oh, and now the Tough Mudder the weekend before the Super.
 
Yeah, you read that right. My friend, James, called this morning to see if I wanted to do it. Other friends of mine had asked but I declined due to the proximity of dates. However, when James called it was different. I dragged his butt onto this muddy, insane path starting with the MS Muckruckus and he did the 2 races following it. We're Muddy Buddies, so to speak. Might as well join him in his longest race (and what will now be mine) to date. I promised to stick with him the whole way and cross the finish line with him or let him beat me for once. LOL. Or maybe he'll be sticking with me. Who knows, but I am really looking forward to this race. Nothing like conquering a tough course together with close friends.
 
**** Update ****
 Pull up count = 3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment