Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WOD to TOD

From here on out I will be performing TOD's (Training of the Day), and not WOD's. The reason being, I have an event, an end goal that I am training for, therefore TOD's.

Yesterday, I did a quick round of my arm circuit. Last night, after going to dinner, Jon and I stopped by Home Depot to pick up a bag of sand. Jon insisted that he carry it through the store, but I insisted back, that I carry it. And so went to the check out.

Once home, I put together my DIY Sandbag. Using my scale, I filled a contractor's bag with 30 lbs. of sand. Then I did two layers of duck tape. The outer layer, hot pink. Can't help it, its the girly side of me.

Tonight, I took my sandbag out. I stuck it in a military dry bag which I bought from the Surplus store for a couple of bucks. Then, I marched. I marched to the park. Kids were having practice on the soccer field, so I did work next to it. First, throw the bag, then drop to push up, dead lift up, and repeat. Then, I did walking lunges with it headed the other direction. Also, did some squats, and chest presses. Then I hiked back. Somewhere along the way, my contractor bag broke. Next time, I'll have to double bag.

Total Distance: 2.74 miles
Total Time: 1:02:50

No comments:

Post a Comment