Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pull Up Challenge Results and Then Some

Note: I wrote this last week, but I'm just now posting it due to video technical difficulty

Well, I did 5 pull ups. Not all 5 at once though. But I did 5. I did 2 in a row, and finished with 3 singles. I'll take it, considering I've never in my life have been able to do any. This is a huge achievement. So much so that I've been sharing it with pretty much everyone, bartenders at Uncle Woody's, Master Mark at the PR Rec Center, our friend Jonathan, FB, and pretty much anyone who will listen to my madness. The videos are below. What they don't show is that after I did my 2 in a row, I was jumping up and down, waving my arms, and yelling, "I just did 2 pull ups!" Enjoy.







My birthday morning work out was pretty ugly. I think I was still recovering from Saturday's excessive celebrating. I was dragging, my legs hurt, and I just wasn't feeling it. I managed to do 1 full bout and then 3 bursts of the 2 round. X = Up and down the street; 1 minute active time

X
Squat Press
X
Mountain Climber Push Ups
X
Burpees
X
Farmers Walks with Lowes 20lb. buckets
X
Squat Cleans
X
Plank Walk ups with dumbbell drag
X
Dead Lifts
X
Push up Rows
X
Russian Ab Twists
X
Tri Rows
 
Wednesday, I did nothing. Felt I needed to rest. I did, however, walk up to our Rec Center to check out the weight room. Its only $25 a year to join CRC, which is much cheaper than my gym membership. The equipment is old, but they have a couple of treadmills (for extra nasty weather days), free weights, bars, and some old nautillus type machines.

Thursday night, I needed to go to my brother's to pick up my new training shirt. I needed to get back on the horse, so I stopped at White Oak Middle. 2 Sets of 8 hill sprints up the back hill with my 30 lb. weight vest. In between, I maxed out on push ups. When I couldn't do anymore big girl push ups, I did them at an incline on the hill. MUST GET BETTER!

New training shirt. Something to encourage me to go one more rep so I don't die in Texas.



No comments:

Post a Comment